First release: 2020-02-05 15:00:00 UTC
Last update: 2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC.
MABS now uses Cordova iOS engine 5.1.1 for the iOS apps. We recommend you revise your plugins to ensure compatibility with this version.
The iOS apps generated with MABS 6.1 now contain references only to WKWebView, as we removed the UIWebView references. This also means you will no longer see the the ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage warning when you submit your app to the App Store. The removal of UIWebView API comes following Apple's instructions and announcement that "[t]he App Store will no longer accept new apps using UIWebView as of April 2020 and app updates using UIWebView as of December 2020."
The InAppBrowser plugin is updated to remove the references to UIWebView. If you are using the InAppBrowser plugin, you should update to version 2.3.0. Note that this version of the plugin is retrocompatible with MABS 5 which still uses UIWebView.
- [2020-02-05 15:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue with the custom scheme handler for the WKWebView that was causing iOS apps to crash.
- [2020-02-26 14:30:00 UTC] We fixed an issue with the cache that prevented the app from starting correctly. Upon closing the app, the app would not launch again after the native cache failed to cache a new app version. (RNMT-3841)
- [2020-03-11 16:00:00 UTC] We fixed the Network Inspector notifications on Android versions Android N and earlier, so the push notification title now shows correctly. (RNMT-3764)
- [2020-03-11 16:00:00 UTC] Minor improvements to increase the robustness of the cache mechanism. (RNMT-3788)
- [2020-03-11 16:00:00 UTC] We fixed an issue where MABS was not correctly handling Git URLs from less common domains. (RNMT-3897)
- [2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC] Fixed OneSignal registration for the push notifications. (RNMT-3855)
- [2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC] We changed the copy of the Network Inspector push notification. (RNMT-3844)
- [2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC] Now there's a delay before Network Inspector shows the push notification asking for the permission. This improves the user experience as it's less distracting. (RNMT-3845)
InAppBrowser plugin must be the latest version (2.3.0 or later) to be supported correctly in MABS 6.1.