First release: 2020-02-05 15:00:00 UTC
Last update: 2020-07-15 14:30:00 UTC.
MABS now uses Cordova iOS engine 5.1.1 for the iOS apps. We recommend you revise your plugins to ensure compatibility with this version.
The iOS apps generated with MABS 6.1 now contain references only to WKWebView, as we removed the UIWebView references. This also means you will no longer see the the ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage warning when you submit your app to the App Store. The removal of UIWebView API comes following Apple's instructions and announcement that "[t]he App Store will no longer accept new apps using UIWebView as of April 2020 and app updates using UIWebView as of December 2020."
The InAppBrowser plugin is updated to remove the references to UIWebView. If you are using the InAppBrowser plugin, you should update to version 2.3.0. Note that this version of the plugin is retrocompatible with MABS 5 which still uses UIWebView.
- [2020-02-05 15:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue with the custom scheme handler for the WKWebView that was causing iOS apps to crash.
- [2020-02-26 14:30:00 UTC] We fixed an issue with the cache that prevented the app from starting correctly. Upon closing the app, the app would not launch again after the native cache failed to cache a new app version. (RNMT-3841)
- [2020-03-11 16:00:00 UTC] We fixed the Network Inspector notifications on Android versions Android N and earlier, so the push notification title now shows correctly. (RNMT-3764)
- [2020-03-11 16:00:00 UTC] Minor improvements to increase the robustness of the cache mechanism. (RNMT-3788)
- [2020-03-11 16:00:00 UTC] We fixed an issue where MABS was not correctly handling Git URLs from less common domains. (RNMT-3897)
- [2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC] Fixed OneSignal registration for the push notifications. (RNMT-3855)
- [2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC] We changed the copy of the Network Inspector push notification. (RNMT-3844)
- [2020-03-24 12:30:00 UTC] Now there's a delay before Network Inspector shows the push notification asking for the permission. This improves the user experience as it's less distracting. (RNMT-3845)
- [2020-04-08 14:30:00 UTC] Apps no longer crash on launch after installing a new version. A bug related to the WKWebView engine implementation was causing the crash. (RNMT-3992)
- [2020-04-14 13:30:00 UTC] General improvements for internal traceability of MABS
- [2020-04-22 14:00:00 UTC] Fixes an issue with Cookies synchronization that was causing network connections to fail on iOS apps, when Cookies with quoted values were used. (RNMT-4000)
- [2020-04-29 15:30:00 UTC] We fixed the download of the iOS app cache resources that terminated unexpectedly after a download of a resource failed. (RNMT-4029)
- [2020-04-29 15:30:00 UTC] We fixed an issue with the cache system that was causing the download of app resources to fail with the timeout errors on iOS apps. (RNMT-4030)
- [2020-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] We fixed a glitch that caused the screen to scroll up after closing the keyboard. Note that this fix is applicable to iOS versions earlier than iOS 13.4, as Apple fixed it in iOS 13.4 and later. (RNMT-4155)
- [2020-07-06 10:00:00 UTC] General improvements for internal orchestration of MABS Builds
- [2020-07-15 14:30:00 UTC] Fixed an issue when copying prebundled resources to the cache mechanism that could cause caching operations to fail. (RNMT-4163)
- [2020-07-15 14:30:00 UTC] We fixed an issue with the cache mechanism that prevented some users from using the iOS app generated by MABS, as the apps didn't load past the splash screen. Additionally, error logs showed "Failed to handle request / The Internet connection appears to be offline". (RNMT-4160)
- [2020-07-15 14:30:00 UTC] Fixed the generation of Android apps when the app name starts with non-letter characters. A bug in Cordova caused this issue. (RNMT-4133)
InAppBrowser plugin must be the latest version (2.3.0 or later) to be supported correctly in MABS 6.1.