MABS 6.0 is an important milestone for all developers who publish on App Store and Play Store. The build service now implements WKWebView to ensure that your apps comply with future Apple's App Store submission requirements. Also, apps built with WKWebView render pages faster on iOS.
MABS 6.0 Release Plan
We're releasing MABS 6.0 in three beta stages. Check the Release Notes and Systems Requirements for important information about the changes.
- Beta 1 - introducing iOS WkWebview
- Beta 2 - introducing iOS 13 as the target SDK
- Beta 3 - introducing Android 10 as the target SDK
MABS 6.0 Beta 1
We encourage you to build your Mobile Apps with MABS 6.0 Beta 1 and to send us your feedback. We don't recommend using those builds for the production. Instead, distribute the builds for validation internally through the Test Flight or internal stores.
- We introduce WKWebView as the default WebView to load web content in Mobile Apps. This ensures you’re your apps are compliant with Apple Requirements to accept mobile applications to the store.
- New Cordova Native Plugin for Network requests.
- iOS applications now load from outsystems:// instead of https://. This enables the offline support with WKWebView.
- Dropped support for iOS 10.
To have access to MABS 6.0 you need the following versions of Platform Server:
- OutSystems 10 - 10.0.1016.0 or later
- OutSystems 11 - 11.0.539.0 or later
The minimal version of Service Studio that ensures proper work of the Mobile Debugger with MABS 6.0:
- Service Studio 10 - 10.0.1017.0 or later
- Service Studio 11 - 126.96.36.1997 or later
SSL Pinning plugin must be the latest version (4.0.0 or later) to be supported correctly in MABS 6.0.
InAppBrowser plugin must be the latest version (2.2.0 or later) to be supported correctly in MABS 6.0.
Breaking Changes and Known Limitations
Here is the list of issues that may appear when building your apps with MABS 6.0 Beta 1. Check MABS 6.0 Breaking Changes and Known Limitations for information on how to resolve potential issues.
- XHR / Fetch requests to OutSystems servers don't work
- Cookies from OutSystems servers are not accessible from document.cookie
- RedirectToURL Event fails
- Web Inspector doesn't show Network information