First release: 2019-05-06 16:00:00 UTC
Last update: 2019-10-17 11:00:00 UTC.
New in this version
MABS 5.0 uses the Android API level 28, so you will be able to continue submitting your Android apps to Google Play, in line with the recent Google announcement.
MABS 5.0 uses Cordova Android engine 8.0.0 for Android apps. It is highly recommended that you revise your plugins to be compatible with this version.
With this release, we have dropped support for Android 4.4.
- [2019-06-18 14:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue where some Android applications with bad extensibility configuration were not showing the correct error message after a build failed. (RNMT-2957)
- [2019-06-18 17:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue that caused iOS apps that use CocoaPods not to deploy to the correct target target. (RNMT-2965)
- [2019-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] Improved the installation of the plug-ins to make it more stable. (RNMT-2959)
- [2019-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] Improved the detection of errors related to the files required for the Android builds. (RNMT-2845)
- [2019-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] Improved the errors about AndroidX libraries. These libraries are currently not compatible with MABS. (RNMT-2788)
- [2019-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] Improved the detection of errors related to the plugin dependency conflicts in the Android builds. (RNMT-3029)
- [2019-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] Improved the detection of errors related to the Google Play Services dependency conflicts in the Android builds. (RNMT-3046)
- [2019-07-01 17:00:00 UTC] Improved the detection of errors when Google Services is not correctly configured for the Android builds. (RNMT-2927)
- [2019-07-31 14:00:00 UTC] We fixed an issue that caused an error screen when using deep links to open other apps. (RNMT-3080)
- [2019-07-31 14:00:00 UTC] The users no longer end up on an error screen when navigating between screens, in some conditions when there's no Internet connectivity or when the connectivity is poor. We fixed an issue related to caching and the offline mode. (RNMT-3056)
- [2019-08-21 19:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue with images failing to load with SSL Pinning plug-in. (RNMT-3176)
- [2019-08-21 19:00:00 UTC] Improved detection of the build errors, so the iOS application builds no longer fail due to CocoaPods repository update errors. (RNMT-3073)
- [2019-09-11 14:00:00 UTC] We fixed the back button, so it correctly navigates to the previous content in all platforms. Due to this bug, the back button closed a full-screen app on Android. (RNMT-3244)
- [2019-09-25 14:00:00 UTC] Removed xcconfig build flag that may builds using pods no longer fail with linker
- [2019-10-09 11:00:00 UTC] Fixed a native cache bug that prevented the cache invalidation on application update. (RNMT-3331)
- [2019-10-10 14:00:00 UTC] Fixed the cache frame recovery for the current application version. (RNMT-3389)
- [2019-10-10 14:00:00 UTC] Fixed the cache healing mechanism so it no longer creates infinite download tasks to recover a resource. (RNMT-3386)
- [2019-10-10 14:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue that was preventing the cache from getting the files from the Web when those files were not available in the prebundle. (RNMT-3390)
- [2019-10-10 14:00:00 UTC] Fixed an issue that was causing apps to sometimes stop responding in the splash screen. (RNMT-3394)
- [2019-10-17 11:00:00 UTC] We fixed the Jitpack URL for the core plugins. This issue was causing conflicts with other plugins that made use of the Jitpack repository to import libraries. (RNMT-3405)
- [2019-10-23 14:00:00 UTC] Now all network requests contain the User-Agent header from the WebView instance. This means that every request carries information about the version of the app, which you can use to implement behavior based on the version. (RNMT-3428)
- The issue with the screen flickering on iPhones running iOS 12, identified in MABS 4.0, when a user selects an input field in a screen with many inputs - occurs in MABS 5 as well, due to the same stack. The flickering happens when the viewport meta tag called “viewport-fit” is set to “cover”. Here are the instructions on how to fix the issue.