OutSystems mobile application logs have been enhanced with additional info to help in evaluating the impact a particular issue is having on their user base.
The logs now have a unique identifier that identifies an installation of the application in a device. This identifier is aligned with Apple Store and Play Store best practices. It is generated in the following manner:
Android: Generated on the device's first boot. If the device is reset, a new identifier is generated.
iOS: Generated from multiple hardware identifiers, guaranteed to be unique per installation of the application in a device and cannot be tied to the user account. Deleting the application and reinstalling it will generate a new identifier.
This info has been added as the "DeviceUUID" to any general or error log created client side, and general, error and mobile request log created server side during the execution of a request from a mobile application. With this info it is now easier to identify the errors happening on a device, or how many devices are having a specific error.
On Service Center, this info can be found on:
- Error Log: The detail of the log, in the "Environment Information" section, preceded by the "DeviceUUID" tag.
- General Log: not displayed
- Mobile Request Log: The "Source" column.
On the database, this info can be found on:
- Error Log: OSLOG_ERROR* views and tables, on the "EnvironmentInformation" column, preceeded by the "DeviceUUID" tag.
- General Log: OSLOG_GENERAL* views and tables, on the "Client_IP" column, preceeded by the "DeviceUUID" tag.
- Mobile Request Log: OSLOG_MOBILE_REQUEST* views and tables, on the "Source" column, preceded by the "DeviceUUID" tag.
It is now also easier to identify if a user had an unhandled error during the usage of the application. Every time a user is presented with the default error screen, an error log is automatically generated to register this event. That log entry can be easily identified since it has "ErrorScreen" as module and its message also starts with "[ErrorScreen]".