Before you start
Make sure you have checked the general upgrade guidelines before proceeding. This will help you understand what is involved and what you should plan in advance.
Upgrading an OutSystems environment will result in downtime for that environment and its applications.
There are two ways to choose how to upgrade your OutSystems Cloud Demo (available from version 10.0.405.0) environment.
You can schedule the upgrade of each of your environments on your own once you receive a communication from OutSystems regarding a new platform version. Usually, we provide a two-week window for self-service upgrades. To schedule an upgrade to the latest available version follow these steps:
- Access your infrastructure's LifeTime console, and navigate to the Environments tab
- You’ll find a link to Check for a new platform release. If a new release is available you’ll be able to schedule the upgrade. The upgrade will be scheduled automatically to an available time slot.
- After the conclusion of the upgrade on your Development environment, proceed to upgrade your Production environment.
Note: The upgrade will only be available in your Production environment after the upgrade has been concluded in Development
Cancel a scheduled upgrade
After scheduling the upgrade of your environment, you can cancel this schedule by following the below steps:
- Select the environment that will be upgraded, in the Environments tab of LifeTime;
- Click on "Upgrade scheduled for <date> at <time>":
- In the next screen, you'll be able to cancel the scheduled upgrade:
After the upgrade process has started, it won't be possible to cancel it.
- For any environments not upgraded during the self-service upgrade period, OutSystems will perform the upgrade within two weeks of the end of the self-service upgrade period. These upgrades are typically performed within OutSystems Support's business hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will I remain on the current version?
You will remain on the same version of OutSystems until a new version is released. Upon the release of a new version, you can request to postpone the upgrade of your environments for up to 1 (one) week after the expiration of the self-service upgrade period.
Will the upgrade cause downtime for my environments?
Yes, your environment will not be accessible during the upgrade. The upgrade process usually takes between 1 to 4 hours.
Can I request the upgrade before the self-service upgrade period?
No, it is not possible to request an upgrade before the self-service upgrade period.