After upgrading to OutSystems 10, when creating/upgrading the database in the Configuration Tool, sometimes the following error shows up:
"Database Error: Database error - 'CONCAT' is not a recognized built-in function name"
This happens when using SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2 as database management system, because one of the Configuration Tool database creation scripts (runtimemodel_sqlserver.sql) has a
CONCAT function, but the
CONCAT function only exists since SQL Server 2012.
As a workaround, the database creation script can be edited to adapt to SQL Server 2008 by following these instructions:
- Access directory OUTSYSTEMS_HOME/Platform Server/db/ .
- Open the file runtimemodel_sqlserver.sql with a text editor (eg.: notepad, notepad++).
- Search for "CONCAT" in the file. You should find a code line that looks like this :
SET [KEY] = NEWID(), NAME = CONCAT(NAME, 'X')
- Replace the previously found line with this one:
SET [KEY] = NEWID(), NAME = NAME + 'X'
- Save the changes and re-run the Configuration Tool
Please confirm that by following these steps you were able to overcome the issue.