Manage your team permissions without having to keep jumping in and out of different applications (Support Portal and Licensing Portal) .
Permissions are managed in the Account Settings, an area accessible to users who:
- Have an OutSystems user account and are linked with your company
- Were invited to join your company
Not all company members are able to manage permissions but all of them have access so they may:
- See the account information
- Browse to discover their fellow team members (and their permissions) in the OutSystems world.
If you don’t have access, reach out to your company’s OutSystems administrators. They’ll be able to invite you to join the team.
Reaching the Account Settings area
To access account settings login into outsystems.com and click the small settings cog that shows up at the top right corner near your name and photo:
In the accounts settings navigate to the Members list by clicking the Members tab:
Here's how the Members page looks like:
On this screen, you can see everyone who is currently associated with your company, including the users who have been invited to join outsystems.com (but haven’t yet) and those contacts OutSystems has found with partial access to your stuff:
- People who have an outsystems.com user account
- People who are linked to your company and have permissions to access outsystems.com online tools
- Pending Members
- People who don’t have an outsystems.com user account (but were invited to create one)
- People who are linked with your company (via their email) and can still interact with OutSystems via email
- People (with or without an outsystems.com user account) whose contact we found linked to one of your support cases
- Direct association with support cases grants contacts access to only those cases
As you can see, you have full visibility and control over who has access to your OutSystems account.
What are your access levels?
As teams grow significantly, permission management can get out of control. To help you manage that, we offer 3 levels of access:
- Company administrator
This person will be able to manage your users and permissions for each and every one of your OutSystems subscriptions.
- Infrastructure administrator
Similar to a company administrator, this person can only manage permissions for his or her infrastructures.
A regular user who is linked to your company and will have granular access to your tools.
How to add a new member
Click the Add Member button and you should see this screen:
Here you can:
- Specify if that person should be one of your company administrators (this means full control across the board).
- Select the individual permissions he or she should have for each of your OutSystems infrastructures the -- will he or she be your infrastructure administrator?
- Invite this person to configure his initial developer account in Lifetime.
- This option only applies to Cloud and Hybrid infrastructures;
- The username will be the same as his email;
- The password will be selected by the new member when following the invitation link in his email.
Editing permissions for existing members
To change a user’s permissions click Edit and you should see this screen:
Here you can:
- Specify if that person should be one of your company administrators (this means full control across the board)
- Select the individual permissions he or she should have for each of your OutSystems infrastructures -- will he or she be and infrastructure administrator?
The option to grant Development Permissions is only available while adding new users. This capability was designed as an accelerator for those new to OutSystems and who aren't familiar with the differences between the different types of users (namely outsystems.com accounts, Lifetime users, and your application users).
Users' development permissions can be managed by your Administrators in your infrastructure's Lifetime application.
Editing permissions for an existing infrastructure
If you are an infrastructure administrator and want to quickly review member permissions, click the Infrastructures tab:
Here's how the Infrastructure page looks like:
Here you are able to quickly manage the permissions for each infrastructure without having to edit user’s permissions one at a time.
If you need assistance while managing your permissions reach out to OutSystems Support.