Customers using the OutSystems Cloud have access to a variety of cloud services. Most of these services can be activated via self-service, and some require direct assistance from OutSystems Support for their delivery (usually in a coordinated effort with the customer).
For an overview of OutSystems Cloud services, visit this page.
This document lists the services available for our Cloud customers, their availability based on platform edition, and useful information for their activation.
The available services for each edition don't change when the Sentry add-on is subscribed.
It is the customer's responsibility to request the delivery of OutSystems Cloud services accordingly, taking into account the timelines indicated in this document to prevent unexpected delays and roadblocks for their activities using OutSystems.
Delivery of these services is subject to scheduling with OutSystems Support and resource availability.
|Category||Service||Basic (1)||Standard (1)||Standard w/High Availability (1)||Enterprise (1)||Target Delivery (2)|
|Architecture||Rename environment||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Reorder environment||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Add non-production environment||-||Paid add-on||Paid add-on||Paid add-on||5 business days|
|Add pipeline||-||-||-||Paid add-on||5 business days|
|Maintenance||Major version upgrade (3)(4)(5)||√||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Minor version update (3)(4)(5)||√||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Security||Migrate Platform to Sentry (3) (OutSystems Sentry add-on)||-||Paid add-on||Paid add-on||Paid add-on||5 business days|
|Add database encryption (3) (default on Sentry)||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Reset credentials||√||√||√||√||< 24 hours (6)|
|Install client-side certificate||√||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Add certificate to trusted root store||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
(with assistance by Support)
|√||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Enforce HTTPS security
(with assistance by Support)
|√||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Configure an internal network||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Networking||Set up VPN||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Reconfigure VPN||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Deactivate VPN||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Set up Transit Gateway||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Set up AWS DirectConnect||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
(default on OutSystems Sentry)
|-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Service Availability||Reschedule specific maintenance task
(about maintenance windows)
|√||√||√||√||< 48 hours (5)(6)|
|Activate database replica (HA add-on)||-||Paid add-on||√||√||5 business days|
|Database restore (3)(production environments)||√||√||√||√||< 24 hours (6)(8)|
|Temporary access to database backup (9)(production environments)||-||-||√||√||< 24 hours (6)(8)|
|Scale-up/down database (3)||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Add front-end server||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Scale-up/down front-end (3)||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Other||Direct database access||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
|Add/remove IP address for database access||-||√||√||√||5 business days|
(1) These columns indicate the availability of each service based on the OutSystems edition, for customers with a subscription in force after Jan 1, 2020. Customers with a subscription in force before Jan 1, 2020 need to confirm with OutSystems Support the availability of each service for their specific subscription.
(2) Target time is the time OutSystems anticipates for the delivery of the service. OutSystems will use commercially reasonable effort to complete delivery in this time. This time does not represent a commitment from OutSystems and may increase due to events outside of OutSystems' reasonable control, including impediments by the Customer. OutSystems commits to working delivery of each service by the rules of Support Tickets mapped as follows: services with target times < 24h map to Urgent tickets; services with target times < 48h map to High tickets; all others map to Normal tickets.
(3) Execution of this service may require OutSystems Cloud to have explicit downtime, which will depend on the actual setup of each Customer. Execution of this service must be scheduled with OutSystems, at which point the downtime requirements can be clarified. Downtime required for delivery of this service counts as planned maintenance of the Software and does not affect the availability commitment by OutSystems.
(4) OutSystems Software version upgrades are delivered to Customers in phases, according to a plan agreed between OutSystems and the Customer. The timings indicated here apply to schedule an individual environment; the full upgrade of a Customer in OutSystems Cloud will consist of several environments, which are scheduled for upgrade in a sequence. In addition to the tasks performed by OutSystems, Customers are required to execute additional tasks to complete the version upgrade, the duration of which is not considered in this document.
(5) Automatic update or upgrade operations for selected OutSystems versions are available 24/7. Non-automatic update or upgrade operations delivery outside of Business Hours requires the Customer to be entitled to 24x7 Support. Upgrades on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) are restricted to production environments and available only for Customers entitled to 24x7 Support.
(6) 1 business day for Customers not entitled to 24x7 Support.
(7) 2 business days for Customers not entitled to 24x7 Support.
(8) Target delivery times for this item may expand to 5 business days in situations where this increase in time does not impact customer business. To comply with the target delivery times in impactful situations, OutSystems may resort to workarounds or alternative configurations to restore service, and current such configuration at a later moment, scheduled with the customer.