What is a Maintenance Window?
The Maintenance Window is a feature offered on Enterprise subscriptions, in which customers can set up a time window that OutSystems Operations Team will use to perform maintenance tasks on customers' Cloud environments when needed.
Some operations, like server patching, will cause downtime during the selected time period. In this use case, the administrator(s) will be informed before the operation is performed.
Customers can opt for not defining a Maintenance Window. In this case, OutSystems will schedule maintenance tasks within any of the maintenance periods.
Define the maintenance window for an application environment
In order to configure the preferred maintenance window for an application environment in OutSystems Cloud, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Access your LifeTime console
2. Click the "Environments" tab
3. Choose the Cloud Environment where you want to configure the maintenance window.
4. If no window is defined yet, click the "Not Defined" link. Otherwise, click the link with the current maintenance window.
4. Start by selecting the Day of Week and then pick one of the following six Time Intervals. Note that the times are in UTC and that Time Intervals apply only to business days:
- 01:00 - 05:00
- 05:00 - 09:00
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 17:00 - 21:00
- 21:00 - 01:00
If you are defining the maintenance window for the left most cloud environment in the pipeline, the same maintenance window will also be applied to your Lifetime environment. In the example below, the left most environment is Development.
5. Click "Save".
The maintenance window configuration is now completed. Any maintenance tasks related to the configured environment will occur within the specified time frame.
Define the maintenance window for LifeTime environment
The maintenance window for your LifeTime environment is the same defined for your left most cloud environment in the pipeline.
To define the maintenance window for your LifeTime environment, you must define the maintenance window for the left most cloud environment by following the steps in Define the maintenance window for an application environment.