OutSystems is a low-code rapid application delivery platform that accelerates the delivery of mobile and web applications. Developers use a single, integrated development environment that covers the entire development lifecycle: development, quality assurance, deployment, monitoring and management.
Single integrated development environment
The whole application is built on a single integrated development environment using a low-code approach. This includes the front-end, back-end, database, and integration with existing systems or services.
- Back-end: All aspects of the back-end are developed using a visual language, including APIs, web services, workflows, and business rules. You can extend the platform capabilities with Eclipse or Visual Studio to weave in your own Java or C# code.
- Database: Model your application's database visually and connect to any existing data-source.
- Integration: Use open-source connectors to connect to software packages, current apps, or existing databases. You can visually consume or expose web-services or build your own connectors with Eclipse or Visual Studio.
Covering the entire development lifecycle
OutSystems supports developers throughout the entire lifecycle:
- Rapid development and integration: Quickly develop applications that are integrated with existing systems and databases. Ensure the quality of your applications through impact analysis and a self-healing engine.
- Deployment: Move your applications all the way from development to production safely with a couple of clicks. Version tracking, dependency checking, and impact analysis ensure total visibility on the impact of staging.
- Monitoring: Keep an eye on the health of your entire factory, and track client-side, server-side and network performance with applications that are automatically instrumented with monitoring capabilities.
- Manage: Easily perform day-to-day operations on your applications, including identity management and configuration management of application' services.