How can I update consumer modules when I change a producer module?
For example, when I add a column to an entity, how do I automatically update the references across all modules that consume the entity?
You have several options to guarantee the consistency between modules.
You can just publish:
- You can publish your Producer module.
- Then, use the Add/Remove Dependencies button to update the references to your Producer module.
You can reflect current changes, even without publishing:
- On the development environment, open both modules, Producer and Consumer;
- Click on the Module menu and on the Refresh Consumer button, as shown below;
- Continue changing your consumer application;
- Later, publish your changes all at once.
You can guarantee the consistency between all the modules in your application:
- Use the Publish button available at the application level, as shown below;
- OutSystems Platform redeploys all the modules that are part of the application, updating all the references between them.
You can guarantee the consistency of modules split between different applications:
- Create a Solution on Service Center (Factory > Solutions > New solution);
- Include all the modules you need as Components of your Solution;
- Publish the Current Running Version of your Solution;
- OutSystems Platform redeploys all modules of the solution, updating the references between them.