How can I archive Business Process Technology (BPT) processes?
Queries on BPT processes have became slower, because so many processes have accumulated over time. However, I must keep the data for logging or legal reasons, even if it is not directly accessible from the applications.
- Create a separate set of entities to archive the data, if needed.
- Use the actions Process_Delete or Process_BulkDelete to delete part of the BPI data.
Business Process Technology relies on a set of meta-model entities to record data required by your business processes. When using BPT intensively, these entities can have a high growth rate and affect the performance of BPI queries. Create a separate set of entities to archive the data in these entities.
The BPT_API extension, included in System Components, can delete processes since revisions 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
- Process_Delete deletes processes individually.
- Process_BulkDelete deletes processes in bulk, according to a criteria.
- Overview of the BPT API from the environment help explains the new process delete actions.
- Performance Best Practices technical note explains how to maintain performance in general.
- BPT Sample Archiver is a Forge component that illustrates archiving. Use the extension points provided by the component to adapt it to your needs.