The Case Management framework accelerates the creation of custom-fit business process and case management apps, by extending the capabilities provided by Business Process Technology (BPT).
To use the Case Management framework, your environment must use Platform Server 11 Release Oct.2019 or later.
The Case Management framework uses cases as an extension of Processes, and provides actions and entities that let you add the following capabilities to your case management apps:
- Process audit
- Keep track of process transactions during the entire lifecycle of a case.
- Define different types of rules to be used in case and process decisions. Includes four types of rules: logical (return yes or no), group (return a specific group), user (return a user), and status (return one or more status).
- Case state machine
- Create a case state machine, define a set of case statuses, and what transitions can occur between statuses.
- Email notification
- Create a set of email templates associated with case types. Send email notifications with case instantiations.
- Allow end-users to manage delegations and absence periods. Include services and logic bundled for activities to have delegations into consideration.
- Service-level agreement (SLA) management
- Configure specific SLA for process and activities.
- Case events
- Associate events to a case. For example, trigger a notification for open cases one day before breaching the case SLA.
- Access Control
- Keep track, and control, access to all case instances that are or were once associated with a certain end-user or group.
- Task operations
- Use a set of case activities operations. Allows to perform takeover, pick up, release, block, unblock, and add comments to activities.
The API modules include the actions that you can use in your applications:
- The Case Services API includes actions used to interact with cases related to a Process.
- The Case Configurations API includes actions used to configure a case in your app.
- The Case Process Configurations API includes actions used to configure the underlying BPT process associated with a case.
The Business Logic, or BL, modules include the process logic to support Case Management framework.
The Core Services, or CS, modules include entities to support case management concepts and functionality.
Your app should interact with Case Management framework mostly through the API modules.
Start using the Case Management framework
To start creating a case management app using the Case Management framework, follow the set up a Case Management framework app guide.