OutSystems solution template for Microsoft Azure Marketplace provides you with an OutSystems 11 infrastructure with four environments: Development, Test, Production, and LifeTime deployment management console. At the end of the setup process, you will have an OutSystems infrastructure running on Azure configured according to OutSystems best practices.
The deployed OutSystems infrastructure is summarized in the following diagram:
Learn more details about the deployed infrastructure in the quick reference.
Farm Option for Production Environment
You can choose to deploy a Farm production environment with the front-end server running on a scale set. The incoming application traffic will be sent to this node while the Deployment Controller will be an independent VM outside the HTTP(S) workload.
Alternatively, you can deploy a standalone production environment with a single server playing the roles of both front-end server (FE) and OutSystems Deployment Controller service (DC).
Production environments, when deployed in Farm mode, are ready for horizontal scaling with Azure scale sets. This scaling operation is exclusively done in the Azure Portal, so you don’t have to make any changes in OutSystems to register the new front-end servers. This will allow your Farm to distribute the workload evenly across the scale set servers.
Articles in this Section
- Set Up OutSystems on Microsoft Azure
- Instructions on how to set up OutSystems on Microsoft Azure, from running the solution wizard and registering the environments, to installing the UI components.
- Additional Configurations for OutSystems on Microsoft Azure
- After setting up OutSystems you might want to access additional configurations, such as Remote Desktop access, SSL certificates or the environment scaling.
- Quick Reference for OutSystems on Microsoft Azure
- More information about Azure Resources such as VMs, SQL databases, storage, virtual machine scale sets.
- How to Get the Setup Logs of OutSystems on Microsoft Azure
- Access the Setup Logs of an OutSystems installation on Microsoft Azure.