The File menu contains entires for import/export of the settings and configuration scripts.
Import and export of configuration
- Import Configuration...: Imports a configuration file that was created by the Export Configuration... option.
- Export Configuration...: Exports your current configuration to a file.
You can store the exported configuration file in a shared folder, so it can be accessed by all front-end servers.
The Import/Export Configuration... options are very useful in environments with a Deployment Controller server and several front-end servers, as it is required that all front-end servers have the same configuration.
- Configure your Deployment Controller server.
- Export the configuration of the Deployment Controller server using the Export Configuration... option.
- In each Front-end server, open the Configuration Tool and use the Import Configuration... option to import the configuration file.
Export and inspection of scripts
Use the following to generate the scripts, save them to a destination, and then inspect them:
- Generate Platform SQL Script...: Creates and exports the SQL script for Platform database server setup.
- Generate Logging SQL Script...: Creates and exports the SQL script for setting up the database used for logging.
- Generate Session SQL Script...: Creates and exports the SQL script for setting up the database used for information about sessions.
- Generate Cache Invalidation Install Script...: Creates and exports the PowerShell script for downloading, installing, and setting up the RabbitMQ Windows service.
Applying the settings and exiting
- Apply and Exit: Applies the current configuration and exits the Configuration Tool.
- Exit: Exits the Configuration Tool.