Use Configuration Tool to configure your Platform Server. You can use the tool in basic installations, but it's particularly useful in more complex environments. Configuration Tool enables you to export the configuration scripts and inspect them.
This tool is only available in infrastructures managed by customers, such as self-managed installations.
To launch this tool, on the Windows desktop of the server go to: Start Menu > All Programs > OutSystems > Administration Tools > Configuration Tool. You'll need to be connected to the server for example, via remote desktop.
When you have more than one front-end server, make sure that the configuration is the same in each front-end server, except for the Scheduler configuration.
- The Platform tab allows you to configure the database used by the platform. It includes configurations for the database, users, and timeouts.
- Featured Article:
Articles in this Section
- Session Tab
- The Session tab allows you to configure the database used by OutSystems to store the end user persistent sessions.
- Controller Tab
- In the Controller tab you define how front-end servers and the deployment controller server communicate.
- Credentials Tab
- The Credentials tab allows you to define or reset the password of the Platform Server admin user.
- Cache Tab
- In the Cache tab you define the configuration settings of the Cache Invalidation Service.
- Network Tab
- The Network tab allows you to clear the current internal network settings, and allows you to define the IP address the front-end server will register in the deployment controller service.
- Scheduler Tab
- The Scheduler tab allows you to configure the OutSystems Scheduler Service.
- Creating indexes for platform database tables
- Improve platform performance by creating indexes for a specific set of platform tables.