To understand the current state of an environment and monitor problems impacting end users, OutSystems allows you to:
- View analytics about the user experience of your applications.
- See the logs of your OutSystems applications and the environment status.
- Manage the feedback submitted by end users.
- Audit the tasks performed by IT users.
OutSystems provides built-in tools that collect and present data about the platform and the applications running on it.
- Service Center Console
- Service Center provides a set of metrics regarding a specific environment. It provides access to application logs and errors, web and mobile requests, integration calls, business processes, and security audits. Additionally, it displays the current status of environment servers and services and allows the creation of aggregation reports over the available data.
- LifeTime Analytics
- LifeTime Analytics provides immediate insight into the performance and end user experience of your Traditional Web Applications. It measures the end user experience based on industry-standard indicators. Here, you can further drill down to identify bottlenecks on different levels: client (eg. operating systems), network (eg. network types), and server (eg. business logic elements).
- App Feedback
- App Feedback application lets you manage the feedback from your business users. It allows you to streamline the feedback gathering process and defect tracking.
Extending OutSystems Monitoring Capabilities
OutSystems allows you to extend the built-in monitoring capabilities, as you can:
Instrument your OutSystems applications for more advanced monitoring using the Asynchronous Logging API to collect custom logs.
Create your own OutSystems applications to extend the built-in monitoring capabilities, or reuse the existing components developed by the OutSystems community, available at OutSystems Forge. For example, MonitorProbe enables you to expose the platform monitoring data as an API, while New Relic RUM or Dynatrace RUM enable you to monitor your OutSystems Reactive Web and Mobile applications .
Also, OutSystems exposes the collected data and shares monitoring points that enable you to:
Use the PerformanceMonitoring API to integrate with custom or third-party monitoring tools that you may already be using.
Use your custom-built APIs in your integrations.
The scope of your monitoring responsibility depends on the setup of your OutSystems infrastructure - cloud or on-premises.
- OutSystems Cloud
- OutSystems guarantees the monitoring of the infrastructure layer components (servers and networking) and the platform main services in the middleware layer (web servers, deployment controllers, database). The customer is responsible for monitoring application usage (errors and performance), external integrations, end user experience, and business outcomes.
- OutSystems on-premises
- Monitoring should focus on the whole stack across the different layers: infrastructure, middleware, and platform.
Articles in this Section
- View the Environment Logs and Status
- You can view the logs and other useful information to monitor your OutSystems applications and the environment’s status in the Monitoring area of the Service Center console.
- Monitor Usage with Audit Logs
- OutSystems logs every task performed by IT users in the infrastructure management and keeps an audit log made available to consult.
- Enable Analytics for an Environment
- Learn how to turn on monitoring in an environment.
- Troubleshoot the Performance of an Application
- OutSystems allows you to pinpoint and fix performance bottlenecks by exploring the performance of your applications in the infrastructure management console.
- How Application Performance Is Measured
- OutSystems collects metrics of how applications are performing, to allow you to monitor and troubleshoot runtime issues. Learn what metrics are collected and how.
- The APDEX Performance Score
- Learn about the APDEX (Application Performance Index) metric, used by OutSystems to measure the user satisfaction with the performance of your applications.