In LifeTime, deployment of an application's tagged version takes a version of the application from one environment and deploys it in another. Just select the tagged version of the application and LifeTime deploys it in the exact development state in which it was tagged.
Here's an example of deploying applications in LifeTime.
Deploy a Web and a Mobile Application
In this example, two applications are being developed in the Development environment:
- A mobile app (MyApp)
- A web application (MyWebApp)
A milestone is reached and the applications are ready to be tested by Quality. They are tagged as follows:
- The mobile app is tagged with version 0.2
- The web application is tagged wih version 0.3
To deploy both applications to Quality, do the following:
Click the Deploy... button between Development and Quality.
Choose Add Applications to select the applications to deploy. You can also Add All Applications to the deployment plan.
If you chose Add Applications in the previous step, search for the applications to deploy. You can filter by applications with differences or search by the application name.
Select the applications to deploy and click the Add to Deployment Plan button.
In the deploy options, select DEPLOY 0.2 for MyApp and DEPLOY 0.3 for MyWebApp:
Click VALIDATE NOW to validate the deployment in Quality:
The deploy is OK (all green). Click CONTINUE to move on:
Type the Deployment Notes and click the Deploy Now button to execute the deployment:
When the deployment finishes, both applications have the same tagged version in both environments.
If the mobile app you are deploying is already configured to generate the mobile app package, some changes that you do in your application might cause the generation of a new application package. For example, changing the icon or the main color of the application. Check here all the situations that require the user to install a new application package.
Refresh Applications in the Deployment Plan
After creating a deployment plan and adding applications to it, OutSystems notifies you if there are any relevant changes in the source or target environments related to the applications included in the plan.
The detected changes include:
- In the source environment, publishing/moving a module of an application included in the plan
- In the target environment, publishing/moving any module of an application
- In the source/target environment, tagging a version of an application included in the plan
When any of these changes is detected, a Refresh Applications sticker appears under the page title heading of the deployment plan creation screen:
To refresh the applications in the current plan, click Refresh Applications.
The refresh operation does the following:
- The versions displayed in the deployment plan's source and target environments are updated.
- Applications with the "Tag & Deploy" option selected will be deployed with the most recent code.
- Any new tags created outside the plan are shown in the deployment options and can be selected for deployment.
- All deployment options previously selected are kept, except if they are no longer available.