Once you have completed development, it's time to begin the deployment process. Along with information about version tagging and preparing a deployment plan, this section also covers some special cases, such as refactoring applications, repairing deployed applications, and applying a hotfix.
For software factories using CI/CD methodology, OutSystems facilitates automatic deployment by integrating leading third-party orchestration platforms to build a continuous delivery pipeline.
See How to build an OutSystems continuous delivery pipeline for information about automating deployment from development to production with a minimum of human intervention.
Articles in this Section
- Tag a Version
- Learn how OutSystems allows you to take a snapshot of the application and its modules, tag it with a version, and then use it for deploying.
- Deploy an Application
- Learn how to deploy one application from one environment to another.
- Deployment Plans
- Use deployment plans to take changes done in applications from one environment to another. Select tagged application stable versions and include release notes.
- Technical Preview - Configure Site Properties During Deployment
- This technical preview enables you to set application Site Properties in the target environment while performing a deployment in LifeTime.
- Configure Application Settings After Deployment
- Check how you can define application settings while deploying an application module to an environment, with no downtime to your end users.
- Deploy an Application with Dependencies
- Deploy an application that depends on other applications to work, thus requiring them to be also deployed in the same environment.
- Deploy a Single Module
- Learn how to deploy a single application module, instead of all modules that make up an application.
- Plan a Deployment for the Operations Team
- Check how to collaboratively create a deployment plan, that can later be executed by other team to deploy your applications.
- Deploy in a Short Deployment Window
- Deploy applications in two stages to ensure a deployment fits in your deployment window.
- Deploy to an Environment with Applications with Errors
- Learn how to handle the deployment of applications having incompatible references.
- Deploy an Integration With an External Database
- Learn how to deploy your integration with an external database from your Development environment to another environment.
- Deploy an Application to a Container
- Specify a container-based deployment zone for an application when you are deploying it to a target environment for the first time in LifeTime.
- Apply a Hotfix
- Learn the best way to handle immediate corrective development situations, also known as Hotfix.
- Repair Deployed Applications
- Learn how to solve the situation of an application that depends on functionality that no longer exists or has changed.
- Refactor an Application
- Refactor your application by moving some modules to a new application.
- Rollback to a Previous Version
- Check how to rollback an application to its previous version, in case a critical bug is detected.
- Override the Default Mobile Extensibility Configurations
- Override the default Extensibility Configurations of a mobile app for a specific environment.