The 1-Click Publish executes, in a single step, all the operations necessary to publish an extension in an OutSystems environment.
1-Click Publish operations
The 1-Click Publish involves the following operations:
- Checks whether the extension is valid. For more information, see Verify the Extension.
- Update Source Code
- Synchronizes the source code you added in the .NET IDE with the definition of the extension elements. See Update the Extension Source Code.
- Generates the main DLL (Dynamic Link Library) of the extension. See Compile the Extension.
- Saves the extension and packs all the resources in an XIF (Extension and Integration Framework) file.
- Uploads the extension to the Platform Server you are connected to.
- Publishes the extension in the Platform Server you are connected to. This operation makes the extension available in this Platform Server.
Perform the 1-Click Publish
To execute the 1-Click Publish do the following:
Click 1-Click Publish in the toolbar, or select File > 1-Click Publish.
This operation requires that you connect to the server where you wish to deploy the extension. If you're not yet connected, Integration Studio automatically prompts you to select a server, after which it establishes the connection. See how to Select Server window.
Check the 1-Click Publish Window to see how the process is going.
1-Click Publish access rights
To publish a new extension you must have the "Change & Deploy Applications" permission.
If you don't have LifeTime installed in your infrastructure, User Management is done in Service Center. In this case, to publish a new extension you must have the "Allow Extensions" permission. Additionally, if your extension exports entities, you must also have the "Allow Foreign Entities" permission.
1-Click Publish in Service Center
It's also possible to use Service Center to publish your extension in an OutSystems environment.
To execute the 1-Click Publish in Service Center, do the following:
Make sure you have your extension saved locally in a XIF file. To save an extension file in Integration Studio, select File > Save.
Open the Service Center management console of the environment where you want to publish your extension and navigate to Factory > Extensions.
Click Upload & Publish an Extension, under the "Extensions" heading.
Choose your XIF file (or drag the XIF file and drop it in this upload area) and click 1-Click Publish.