Site Properties are global variables that have constant values. They are typically used to implement configuration values for the application - such as a maximum value for an application parameter - since they can be set at runtime for each environment with no need to republish the application.
You can set a Site Property to a default value on its creation. At runtime, someone with privileges can change the Site Property value for a specific environment through the environment management console (Service Center).
Create and use a Site Property
Site Properties exist in the server-side of the application. To create and use a Site Property:
In the Data tab, right-click on the Site Properties folder and add a site property.
Define the name, data type and default value of the newly created Site Property.
Use the Site Property in your server-side code by referring to it as
If you want to use the value of a Site Property in the client-side logic of a mobile application, you must add a Server Action to get the Site Property value and use that Server Action in your client-side logic.
Change the value of a Site Property in Service Center
- Open the Service Center in your environment (
http://<environment>/ServiceCenter) and login with your credentials.
- In the Factory tab, select Applications and filter by the name of your application.
- Select the module in which the Site Properties are stored.
- Click on the Site Properties tab and select the Site Property whose value you want to change.
- Change the Effective Value of the Site Property and click Apply.