OutSystems allows you to define and use complex data in entities and structures. Entities allow you to keep information persistently, while structures are used to manage complex data.
To retrieve information from your application database you can define aggregates and advanced SQL queries.
- Check examples of database queries using aggregates and custom SQL queries. See how to manipulate sets of records returned using filters, sorting or operations other operations supported by aggregates.
- Featured Article:
Articles in this Section
- Download a file through browser
- Use Download Tool in a Flow to send file to the browser, so the users can download the file through the browser built-in download feature.
- Bootstrap an Entity Using an Excel File
- Import data from Excel files to quickly have your data up and running in the application while developing it.
- Use Structures and Records to Create Compound Data Types
- Learn how to create and use complex data types in your applications.
- Use Site Properties to Configure Behaviors at Runtime
- Store variables at the environment level and use them to implement application behaviors that are configurable at runtime.
- Sessions in Web Applications
- Learn how OutSystems uses Sessions to maintain information about the previous web requests the end user made.
- Share a Client Variable between apps
- Store the variable values and share them across apps.
- Use Resources
- Learn how to use Resources to display a PDF document or to play a video file in a screen.
- Read about caching in OutSystems Apps.