This document provides more details about errors, warnings, and known issues in the technical preview Use SEO-friendly URLs for Reactive Web Apps,
Errors and warnings
A list of errors and warnings, with tips on how to fix them.
Invalid page name
Service Studio shows Invalid Page Name Error:
- Page Name in [screen name] screen contains invalid characters. Please use only digits, letters, or any of these special characters: '-', '~', '/'.
Some characters in the URLs have special uses and you can't use those characters in the Page Name property. To fix the error, remove all characters different from letters, digits, dash (
-), tilde (
~), or forward slash (
Page name contains invalid characters
Service Studio shows Invalid Format errors:
- Invalid Format | Page name can't start or end with special characters. Delete any special characters in the beginning or end of the page name and try again.
- Invalid Format | Page name can't include double slashes "//". Delete any double slashes in the page name and try again.
The Page Name property contains double forward slashes (
//) or starts or ends with one the reserved special characters, and Service Center can't create the URL.
Check the examples of correct and incorrect Page Names:
Invalid parameter order
Service Studio shows the Invalid Parameter Order error:
- Invalid Parameter Order | Mandatory parameters must come before optional ones when parameters are set to Path. Reorder mandatory input parameters by placing them above optional parameters.
When you have a Screen with custom URLs, put the mandatory Input Parameters first. You can place optional Input Parameters only after the mandatory ones. You can fix the error by:
- Reordering the Input Parameters. Drag the Input Parameters under the Screen where the error shows, and reorder them by putting the mandatory parameters on the top of the parameter list.
- Changing the Is Mandatory property of Input Parameters. Check the properties of the Input Parameters under the Screen that reports the error. If there's a Parameter that should be mandatory instead of optional, set Is Mandatory to Yes.
Duplicated page name
Service Studio shows the Duplicated Page Name error:
- Duplicated Page Name | (screen name) has name Page Name clashing with (element name). Please use unique values.
To fix the error, change the Page Names so it's different from the names of the following elements in the module:
- Screens, including the name of the Screen where you set Page Name
- UI Flows
- The module itself
Avoiding duplicated redirects
Avoid duplicate page names in your modules when adding custom Screen URLs and Site Rules. When choosing a page name for a Screen, consider the following:
- Does the module have Screens with Page Names?
- Have you set Page Names to an app name or module name in the environment?
- Is there a Site Rule in the environment that redirects to that module?
If yes, there's a risk of creating duplicate redirects pointing to different places.
Consider the following example.
- In the module MyApp, there's a Screen Screen1 with the Page Name set to
- In the environment, there's the Users system app to manage users at
- In the environment, the Site Rule redirects
www.example.comto the module MyApp.
When users navigate to the
www.example.com/Users URL, there are two possibilities for the platform to route the URL:
- Navigate to
Screen1of the MyApp module.
- Navigate to the Users system app.
Depending on where the platform registers the request to access
www.example.com/Users, the routing is as follows:
- If the request comes from within the browser running MyApp, Screen1 of the module MyApp loads.
- If the request comes outside the browser running MyApp, the system app Users loads.
The following sections cover more technical details related to the known issues.
Empty string in a required parameter causes an error
When the app runtime passes an empty string as a value for a required parameter of the Text data type, the screen can't load. The users of the app see the following error:
- Error building URL for (screen name)/:(parameter name). Parameter (parameter name) is missing or has an empty value
As a fix, try configuring the Screen without parameters on the path.