As your applications grow organically from small to larger applications, you are challenged to keep your applications simple and easy to maintain.
Centralizing the logic in modular applications that can be reused by other applications within the environment makes it easier to continuously refactor your application portfolio as it grows.
OutSystems enables you to develop the logic and elements of your application modules in a centralized way so that they can be exposed and reused by other applications. On the other hand, OutSystems also provides you the mechanisms to manage in your modules the usage of the logic and elements exposed by other modules.
Articles in this Section
- Use Actions to Encapsulate Logic
- Learn how to create actions to be reused in your logic.
- Expose and Reuse Functionality Between Modules
- Learn how to make elements of your module available for reuse by other modules and how to to use elements exposed by other modules.
- Handle Changes in Exposed Functionality
- Handle the impact on modifications to elements that are being reused between modules.
- Understand Strong and Weak Dependencies
- Understand what are strong dependencies and weak dependencies between modules.
- Use Services to Expose Functionality
- Use Service modules and Service applications to design a service-oriented architecture. Learn the differences between Server Actions and Service Actions, and which of them you should use to expose your service.