With Multilingual Reactive Web and Mobile Apps you can translate the app to other languages. Once the translations to other languages are available in the app, you can switch the language automatically or let users do it.
When translating the apps, note the following important information about the language codes:
- The default language code is en-US.
- All language codes are in the RFC 1766 standard format.
- Language codes are case sensitive.
To translate Reactive Web and Mobile Apps in Service Studio, as part of a technical preview, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Platform Server 11.10.0 or later
- LifeTime 11.6.0 or later
- Up to date Service Studio
- You activated the technical preview Multilingual for Mobile and Reactive in LifeTime
Here's how to get started:
- For instructions on how to translate your app directly in Service Studio, see Translate your app.
- If you want to extract text for sending it to a translation service, see Translation management.
- For instructions on how to translate older, Traditional Web Apps, see this section.
You can translate the following elements of your app:
- Screen titles
- Text in Buttons, Links, Screens
- Text literals in expressions
- Instructions in Human Activities
- Validation messages, widget confirmation messages, and empty state messages
- Static Entities. Check Working with Static Entities for important notes.
If you experience issues with this technical preview, let us know by posting a new question with the technical preview tag in Forums.
Check out the Multi-Language in OutSystems training section for video resources and demos.
Articles in this Section
- Translate your app
- Translate your app directly from Service Studio by translating the module text and then creating a language switcher.
- Translating with the translation editor
- How to use the translation editor to translate your app in Service Studio.
- Translation management
- How to export text for translation and import back translated text.
- Troubleshooting and known issues
- Notes on how to troubleshoot Multilingual. Known issues.