A Screen is a user interface (UI) element that contains other UI elements for users to interact. An empty Screen contains a basic layout for you to add widgets. A Screen based on a Screen Template has predefined content that works as a demo.
How Screens show in an app to you users depends on the app type:
- In a Reactive Web App, Screens render as web pages in a browser.
- In Mobile Apps, Screens render as screens of a mobile app.
Creating a Screen
To create a Screen, follow these steps in Service Studio:
Go to the Interface tab, and then expand the UI Flows folder.
From the UI Flows, right-click MainFlow and in the menu select Add Screen.
Select one of the following:
- Empty, to create an empty Screen
- A Screen Template, to create a Screen based on a template
Optionally, enter a name in the Screen name field.
Click Create Screen.
Do you prefer keyboard shortcuts? Select a UI Flow, for example MainFlow, and use the following shortcuts to create a Screen:
- Ctrl + N. Opens a New Screen window.
- Ctrl + Shift + N. Creates a new blank Screen.
See Service Studio Shortcuts for a more complete list of the shortcuts.