Let the end-users choose a value from a list of values by implementing a Dropdown Widget ( Reactive Web and Mobile) or a Combo Box Widget (in Traditional Web).
In Reactive Web and Mobile
To choose one value from a list in Reactive Web and Mobile:
Drag the Dropdown Widget from the Widget Toolbox to a Screen.
Set the List property to the list of values. This is the data source for the Widget.
- Set the Options Content property to Text Only.
- Set Options Text to the Attribute that identifies the displayed values. These values show in the drop-down list.
- Set the Variable property to the variable that holds the chosen value.
In most cases your users need text in the list of values. However, for an advanced use you can set the Options Content property to Custom and then add other Widgets to the Dropdown - this is how you create drop-down with images, for example.
In Traditional Web
To choose one value from a list in Traditional Web:
- Drag and drop the Combo Box from the Widget Toolbox to a Web Screen.
- Set the Source Entity property to the Entity with the values to display in the Combo Box.
- Set the Source Attribute property to the attribute to display from the Entity.
- Set the Variable property to the variable that holds the Entity Identifier corresponding to the chosen value.
Note: Combo Box widgets support several other ways of adding values to the list.