The Configuration Tool allows you to configure your OutSystems Platform Server. The default configuration can be used in basic installations but, in more complex environments, you can adjust the configuration to better suit your needs.
This tool is only available in infrastructures that are customer managed, such as on-premise installations. In the case of, for example, the OutSystems personal environment, it's not possible to run this tool. For more information contact OutSystems support.
To launch this tool, simply go to:
Windows > Start Menu > All Programs > OutSystems > Administration Tools > Configuration Tool
When you have more than one Front-end server, you must make sure that the configuration is exactly the same in each Front-end, except for the Schedulers configuration.
To learn how OutSystems fits in your software factory read the OutSystems System Requirements. To understand the configurations and permissions necessary to successfully install OutSystems, check the Installation Prerequisites.
Articles in this Section
- Controller Tab
- In the Controller tab you define how front-end servers and the deployment controller server communicate.
- Gateways Tab
- The Gateways tab allows you to configure all SMS-related settings.
- Logs Tab
- The Logs tab allows you to configure the OutSystems Log Service.
- Network Tab
- The Network tab allows you to clear the current internal network settings, and allows you to define the IP address the front-end server will register in the deployment controller service.
- Scheduler Tab
- The Scheduler tab allows you to configure the OutSystems Scheduler Service.
- Session Tab
- The Session tab allows you to configure the database used by OutSystems to store the end-user persistent sessions.
- SMS Connector Tab
- In the SMS Connector tab you configure the SMS Connector component, installed in each Front-end Server, which communicates with the SMS Gateway.