Often in enterprise scenarios, users have different roles regarding specific applications.
Consider the following example, John Hansen has a default Developer role which grants him, at least, 'List' permission in all environments to all applications.
He is a Release Manager of the Directory application, meaning that he needs to be able to stage this application from Development to Quality Assurance.
To grant John these permissions do the following:
- In this case a 'Release Manager' role already exists. The permission 'Change & Deploy' in the Production environment allows John to move applications from Quality Assurance to Production. Learn how to Create an IT Role.
- Next, select the 'Users & Roles' menu and click on John's link.
- Click on the 'Grant Role to Applications' link.
- In the popup, select the 'Release Manager' role and check the 'Directory' application.
- Confirm the operation by clicking on the 'Done' button.