OutSystems allows you to define and use complex data in entities and structures. Entities allow you to keep information persistently, while structures are used to manage complex data.
To retrieve information from your application database you can define aggregates and advanced SQL queries.
- Check examples of database queries using aggregates and custom SQL queries. See how to manipulate sets of records returned using filters, sorting or operations other operations supported by aggregates.
- Featured Articles:
Articles in this Section
- Bootstrap an Entity Using an Excel File
- Import data from Excel files to quickly have your data up and running in the application while developing it.
- Use Structures and Records to Create Compound Data Types
- Learn how to create and use complex data types in your applications.
- Use Site Properties to Configure Behaviors at Runtime
- Store variables at the environment level and use them to implement application behaviors that are configurable at runtime.
- Sessions in Web Applications
- Learn how OutSystems uses Sessions to maintain information about the previous web requests the end-user made.
- Maintain State while Navigating across Screens
- Learn how to store the application state and use it throughout end-user navigation across screens to implement application behaviors based on what happened before.
- Use Resources
- Learn how to use Resources to display a PDF document or to play a video file in a screen.