The Users application does not support Group hierarchies by default so it's not possible to make one group part of another. However, OutSystems was designed to support this by either using the platform or an external system.
Using custom Group management in OutSystems
- Create a new Application.
- In the references window find the Group entity under (System).
- Model and create entities that reference the Group entity using foreign keys.
- Design screens to manage these groups.
- For each group that has these customizations, set its
True. These groups will no longer be visible in the Users application.
Using external custom Group management
- Use a database management tool to connect to the OutSystems database.
- Edit the records in the
OSSYS_Grouptable and set the
Truefor the groups you want to manage yourself. These groups will no longer be visible in the Users application.
- Model and create tables that reference the
OSSYS_Groupusing the foreign keys.
- Design your external systems to manage the tables you created.