Before generating your mobile app for the first time, you will have to configure specific iOS and/or Android settings. Check the topics listed at the end of this page for details about different scenarios, such as development tests, distributing your app to a limited group of end-users or publishing your app in Mobile App Stores.
The following sections show how to configure and generate iOS and Android application packages of your mobile apps in Service Studio or in Service Center.
Configure and Generate a Mobile App Package in Service Studio
To configure or generate your mobile app package (iOS or Android) in Service Studio, do the following:
- Navigate to the app detail screen of your mobile app;
- Select the Native Platforms tab;
- When configuring your mobile app for the first time for a given platform (iOS or Android), click on the Configure iOS App or Configure Android App button, according to the platform. Follow the configuration steps for you desired scenario, described in the topics listed at the end of this page. If you have previously defined your mobile app's iOS or Android configuration settings, click on the cog icon for the correct platform to change your configuration;
- After defining or changing your mobile app iOS or Android settings, click on the Generate App button.
Configure and Generate a Mobile App Package in Service Center
To configure or generate your mobile app package (iOS or Android) in Service Center, do the following:
- Open the Service Center of the environment (
https://<environmentdomain>/ServiceCenter) and navigate to Factory;
- Click on the Applications tab, open your application from the applications list and select the Native Platforms tab;
- To configure your mobile app package for the first time or to change the current configuration for a given platform (iOS or Android), click on the Configure link for the iOS or Android entry. Follow the configuration steps for you desired scenario, described in the topics listed at the end of this page;
- After defining or changing your mobile app iOS or Android settings, click on the Save button;
- Click Generate and wait a few moments while your mobile app is being generated.
Updating Your Mobile App Package
In most occasions, the users of your mobile app will not have to update it manually after installing it in their devices, since OutSystems will automatically push the updates to their devices when you publish a new mobile app version.
However, in some situations the users will have to install a new mobile app package. For more information check Mobile App Update Scenarios.
Articles in this Section
- Generate and Distribute Your Mobile App for Development Tests
- Learn how to generate a mobile app package for test purposes and also how to share it so others can also test.
- Generate and Distribute Your Mobile App to a Limited Group of End-Users
- Generate a production mobile app package for your mobile app to distribute to a group of selected end-users.
- Generate and Publish Your Mobile App to the Mobile App Stores
- Generate a mobile app package for your mobile app to publish in the App Store and Google Play stores. Distribute your mobile app directly to your company's end-users, if you enrolled in the Apple Enterprise Developer Program.
- More Information on Generating and Distributing Mobile Apps
- In this article you can find more information about tasks associated with generating and publishing iOS and Android mobile apps.