Trusted Advisor is currently in beta stage with limited availability.
To know more check this FAQ.
How it works?
Trusted Advisor is composed of 2 main pieces:
- Trusted Advisor Plugin - a LifeTime plugin that is published in a platform installation (on-premises or cloud) with probes to collect data and communicate with the SaaS
- Trusted Advisor SaaS - a "Software as a Service" application that processes and shows all data collected from the Plugin
All communications between the Plugin and SaaS are always initiated by the Plugin. This reduces connectivity requirements on the customer side, since all is needed to ensure is connectivity from the Plugin in LifeTime environment to a well known SaaS endpoint.
Data collected in Plugin and sent to SaaS
- Platform metamodel data including the list of existing environments, applications, modules, users, teams and platform configurations
- Modules (eSpaces) for code analysis
- Discovery component data (snapshot) for architecture analysis
- LifeTime Analytics data including application, module, screen and user names (same data that is gathered by LifeTime Analytics)
Data in transit
Data is exchanged between Plugin and SaaS in binary format through a well known HTTPS endpoint (configurable in Plugin).
Data at rest in SaaS
Data of each installation is kept isolated from all other installations using the platform's multi-tenant mechanisms. This ensures data from one installation is not accessible by users of other installations.